Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What does it mean to be a "Nudist"?

Personally, I don't like the label.  But by default it's the only one that fits what other's would call it.  To me, it just means I'm human.  I like being human.  I'm fine with what I look like, and I'm fine with what other people look like.   The alternative is to be disguised, augmented, ashamed, insecure, and taking offense at others being simply what they are.  Naked, I'm me.  It's my default condition.  My baseline.  It is what I am.  Part of my environment, rather than unevenly and cruelly cut off from it.  Why should only my feet be free of their prison when I come home?  Why am I the "different"one when it's you guys who can't just be yourselves?

Nudity is another useless term.  So is "naked".  A naked person is simply a person.  Nudity is nothing more than people being what they are.  It isn't a modifier describing that person like clothing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment