Friday, January 14, 2011

My 20s and 30s... Sorting it out

On return to Florida, I tried Haulover Beach.  Right off A1A a few miles up the road from Miami Beach.  A short walk to hotels, with lifeguards, police patrols, vendors, and a large section of the beach marked off for "clothing optional" use.  It was great and I've visited there many times.

I finally got up the nerve to go to nearby Playalinda Beach.  Not officially sanctioned, but accepted for decades before a county ordinance against nudity made it officially prohibited (though people still go there and use the traditional area beyond the end of the road).  The Canaveral National Seashore extends north into the next county, which doesn't have any laws against it, and I continue to go there (Apollo Beach) for years.

Work has taken me many places, and I've gone out of my way to visit nudist beaches whenever I could.  It as way out of the way, but I loved going to Mazo Beach in Wisconsin.  Wreck Beach near Vancouver was mind blowing.  Both Mazo and Wreck are mostly college crowds, and the vibe at both was wonderful.

Meanwhile, I decided to support the effort to keep those beaches "free" and joined a couple local organizations here in Florida, and a national organization (TNS then AANR) and became a "card carrying" nudist.

With my "credentials", I decided to try a few nudist resorts.  I loved them, and have enjoyed going to different ones whenever I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment