Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Lifestyle" People (Swingers)

I've pretty shameless about my sexuality.  I didn't used to be, but I've learned over the years that being ashamed of that gift is both wasteful and ungrateful to my maker, and unfair to my partner.  I suppose if sexual activity was a required form of casual social interaction (as with Bonobo chimps), I could do it.  But I wouldn't want to.

My wife is the only one I want that deeply into my body and into my head, and I have a lot invested reaching into her head and learning about her sexuality and her body.  I claw away at her fears and inhibitions trying to set her sexuality free, while freely sharing my sexuality with her for her exploration and amusement.  I'd would much rather stay totally committed to her and the kids, than to have other people involved, picking us apart.

That said, those people exist.  To me it seems emotionally shallow and sexually degrading.  Promiscuous people will continue to evolve and spread nasty diseases, have small or no families, and pass on their shallowness and lack of commitment to what kids they do have.  And as a people, we'll continue to be worse off for it.

Unfortunately, there are enough of them out there that they overlap with the majority of nudists like me who don't want to have anything to do with them.  The overlap of two such unrelated interests is evident only because of the accepting environment of social nudism.  They are open about it with us more than in open society because we're more accepting.

Simply put, I don't like their vibe.  They bring a sexual tension to an environment that most of us are trying to escape from.  They're erotic with what they do wear and with how they don't wear things.  And their solicitations are most unwelcome.

There are clubs out there which cater to them.  Personally, I don't know where they are and I'm not interested in finding out.  To them, being nude is simply a means to an end.  It's too plain for them, so they spend most of their time erotically dressed.  I'm fine with that.  Let them have places where they can screw themselves silly.

In the US, clubs affiliated with AANR are supposed to not allow this behavior to be openly displayed in their clubs.  Several clubs have lost their affiliation because of this, and many of them have gone to the "dark side" hosting swingers groups.  I suppose it brings in more money.  Good luck and good riddance.

At other affiliated clubs it goes on, but they're more subtle about it.  If they are so subtle about it that I can't tell it's going on, I don't have a problem with it.  But otherwise, I avoid such places like the plague.  That behavior totally destroys what I'm there for.

I have the same problem with some clothing optional clubs.  When the clothing people there are wearing is provocative, I get turned off and go elsewhere.  It's a shame, because a clothing optional venue is a great way to help people ease into nudism without having to commit.  But if it sets up a tense environment, it will scare the kind of people I like away.  That's probably why I prefer clubs where nudity is expected and beaches where everyone is nude.

To each their own.... Somewhere else please.  We have so few really good places to go as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment